Thursday, June 6, 2013

Quesadillas and Pizza-dillas

Based on the things I've posted on this blog so far, you might think that I cook almost every night and make rather complicated meals (for a dorm).  This is not the case!  I really enjoy cooking, whether I make a family favorite recipe or try something new.  But I do not have nearly enough time to cook more than a few times a month.  So today I will share one of the simplest things that I make: quesadillas.  (In my book, making a quesadilla does not count towards the number of times I cook in a month.  But that's just my standard.)

To make a quesadilla, you just need 1 or 2 tortillas, some cheese, a microwave, and a plate or paper towel on which to set the quesadilla.  Sprinkle the first tortilla with cheese.  Then either fold the tortilla in half or top with another tortilla.  Microwave for about 45 seconds or until the cheese is melted in the center.  Enjoy!

(I realize most people probably know how to make quesadillas.  But just in case you don't, I don't want you to be left out from experiencing the yummy simplicity that is a quesadilla.)

After a year of enjoying quesadillas as a quick snack, I discovered pizza-dillas.  Yeah, I totally just made that name up.  I had a lot of pasta sauce, and freshman year was almost over, so I decided to try some of it with cheese and a tortilla.  (I had to get rid of everything in my fridge and let it defrost, so anything I didn't eat I would have to throw away.)  And voilĂ !  The pizza-dilla was born.

To make a pizza-dilla, put a tortilla on a plate (or paper towel).  Then spread pasta sauce (or pizza sauce) over the tortilla.  Next sprinkle cheese on top.  If you have pepperoni or some other meat or some chopped veggies, feel free to add those, too.  Note, however, that tortillas are very thin and don't support much weight.  So if you add even just a few toppings, your pizza-dilla might be very messy to eat.  Then microwave it for about 45 seconds or until the cheese is melted.  To eat this, I find that it is more managable (and fun) to cut the pizza-dilla into slices like you would a pizza.

What toppings would you enjoy on a pizza-dilla?

No comments:

Post a Comment