Friday, August 16, 2013

Food plans for the week of 8/19/13

I moved back to college!  And now that I am living in a dorm again, I'm dealing with the challenges of cooking and eating in a dorm.  I thought it could be helpful to see how I prepare for making food for the coming week.  (And it is helpful for me to consolidate my plans in one place.)  This week I will just show what I'm doing for lunch, as it will require more work than breakfast or dinner this week.  (I brought a lot of frozen meals from home, so I will be eating those for dinner some this week.  I need the container and freezer space before I can make more food.  Other than that I will eat out with friends for dinner. For breakfast I will probably have fruit of some kind (applesauce or peaches, probably) and a bagel or some toast.  Oh, or I could have some oatmeal or dry cereal.)  Also, I'm more flexible about when I eat what than the schedule might imply, but by scheduling my meals, I can make sure I get enough food (but not too much) from the grocery store this weekend.



Every day: Options of dried apricots, cranberries, veggie chips, etc.

Monday:
-Tasks: Slice tomato and keep 2-3 slices.  Dice the rest.  Store in container(s).
-Eat: Sandwich - lunch meat and cheese, sliced tomato, and mustard


Tuesday:
-Tasks: Dice cucumber.  Crumble part of the block of feta cheese into chunks.  Wash spinach.
-Eat: Salad - cucumber, tomato, spinach, feta, balsamic vinaigrette dressing


Wednesday:
-Tasks: None!
-Eat: Sandwich - lunch meat and cheese, sliced tomato, spinach, and mustard


Thursday:
-Tasks: None!
-Eat: Salad - cucumber, tomato, spinach, feta, balsamic vinaigrette dressing


Friday:
-Tasks: Wash any empty containers.
-Eat: Whatever is leftover.



Grocery list:
-sandwich thins or English muffins or other bread for sandwiches
-1-2 tomatoes
-1 cucumber
-1 container of spinach
-1 block of feta cheese (more cost effective than buying it already crumbled)
-sliced lunch meat
-sliced cheese
-beginning of semester purchases - mustard and balsamic vinaigrette dressing




No comments:

Post a Comment