Saturday, June 8, 2013

Homemade Peanut Butter Bars


I found this recipe for peanut butter protein bars on Chocolate Covered Katie's blog and it sounded wonderful.  It has only a few ingredients and very simple directions.  I was looking for something like a granola bar, not a protein bar.  Also, I don't have any special protein powder.  So instead I replaced the protein powder with chocolate-flavored Carnation Instant Breakfast.  I haven't put the full recipe on this page per Chocolate Covered Katie's request, but here is the recipe and below are pictures and notes about my experience making these yummy peanut butter bars.  Next time I make them, I will try covering them or mixing in them mini chocolate chips and/or crushed pretzels.


Tools:
-two bowl
-spoon(s)
-knife
-gallon-sized plastic bag
-rolling pin (optional, as you could flatten it with your hands...or a textbook)
-1/4 and 1/2 cups
-1/4 teaspoon
-1 tablespoon




I first gathered the necessary ingredients and tools.





I added the peanut butter and applesauce to one bowl...



... and the remaining ingredients to the second bowl.



I mixed the contents of both bowls.



I mixed all the ingredients together and then rolled them into a ball in the bag.  (Sorry the lighting looks so bad in this picture; I'm not sure what happened.)



I then flattened the dough.



Next I put a piece of waxed paper in the plastic bag and flipped the dough on to the waxed paper.  This made it easier to pull the bars out and cut them.  I then put them in the fridge so that they would harden a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment