Friday, May 23, 2014

Yogurt or Cream Cheese Frosting Filled Strawberries


The other day ChocolateCoveredKatie posted a very simple recipe for Yogurt Filled Strawberries that would be great for a dorm room!  This recipe only requires a few ingredients and tools and is very quick to make.


Tools:
knife
plastic bag
scissors


First, I set out all of my ingredients.  I decided to try both yogurt and some leftover cream cheese frosting as fillings and cocoa powder and cinnamon as toppings.

Then I washed the strawberries.  I like doing this by soaking them in a bowl of water, but you can just as easily rinse them under running water.

Next I cut off the tops and any blemishes.  Then I cut of the bottoms of the strawberries so that they would stand up.

After that use a spoon or knife to take out the centers.  I used a knife and suggest starting on the larger ones to get some practice before tackling the smaller ones.

When I cut off the bottoms and carved out the centers, I put them in a separate bowl to eat later.

Next I put the cream cheese frosting in a plastic sandwich bag.

I cut off a corner and pushed all the frosting towards it so I could easily control where it went.

And then I started piping the frosting into the strawberries.

After finishing three strawberries filled with cream cheese frosting, I used a second sandwich bag to pipe yogurt filling into the remaining strawberries.  It turns out that the yogurt was thin enough that I could have easily spooned it in, rather than using a sandwich bag.

On the right are the three with cream cheese frosting filling and on the left those with a yogurt filling.  Next time I would like to try some Greek yogurt instead of the yogurt I used.  It would be thicker and would add more flavor and protein to this healthy snack.

Then I topped one of each filling with cocoa powder and one of each with cinnamon.

I cut each of them in half to share with my other taste tester.  Our favorites were those topped with cocoa powder.  Everything's better with chocolate!

When I was done, I still had some cream cheese frosting left over.

So I covered the leftover strawberry pieces with the remaining frosting and some cocoa powder and had a great snack!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment